The support forum

How to replace folder modified dates

ScottD-KMHA :

Apr 20, 2017

Is there a way to instruction Bvckup2 that all folders/files that already exist in the destination (as in the source) should have the modified dates replaced with the modified dates of the files and folders of the source?

I have a scenario in which the destination has several terabytes of files/folders that I would like to match exactly the modified dates of the source.  Is there a way to force it to overwrite ALL folders and files selected in the destination to be the same as the source "Date Modified"?

Alex Pankratov :

Apr 21, 2017

No, there is no way to do this without re-copying files.

ScottD-KMHA :

Apr 21, 2017

Ok thanks.

p1n :

Aug 03, 2017

Hello,
can Bvckup2 copy folder date & time attributes ?

File attributes are working fine but I want the same for folders.
Is that possible ? If not, is it in future plans ?

I'm currently using Personal Backup  and I'm thinking to switch to Bvckup2 and this is last obstacle for me.
thanks

Alex Pankratov :

Aug 03, 2017

Can Bvckup2 copy folder date & time attributes ?

It does that by default. Just make sure to use the production version, because beta didn't have that implemented correctly.

p1n :

Aug 03, 2017

thank you Alex for quick answer I'm testing release 77.12.
You are right it works but now I found that it is an issue with Synology Diskstation (which I'm using) ..... but still ... Personal Backup works fine and why is that is beyond my technical abilities.

Alex Pankratov :

Aug 04, 2017

What's the issue exactly?

p1n :

Aug 06, 2017

bug in Synology firmware.
here: https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?t=116046
and here: https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/762

Alex Pankratov :

Aug 07, 2017

Ah, *that* bug. I was under the assumption that it was resolved shortly after with the next DSM upgrade, no?

p1n :

Aug 07, 2017

I have DS213j with firmware DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 1
If I change time-stamp manually, few seconds later, previous date and time (of creation) is back.

Alex Pankratov :

Aug 07, 2017

Hmm... do you have an non-stock DSM add-ons / plugins installed?

p1n :

Aug 08, 2017

I had installed: WebDAV server, VPN server, Synology Cloud station server + Cloud Station Backup Backup & Drive on Windows 10. I UNinstalled everything and Bvckup2 made successful backup with original timestamps.
I don't know where exactly the problem was but now I'm running WebDAV and VPN and Bvckup2 is still working correctly.

Thank you Alex for keeping me interested to solve this.

Create
Made by Pipemetrics in Switzerland
Support

Follow
Twitter
Dev blog
Miscellanea Press resources
Testimonials
On robocopy
Company
Imprint

Legal Terms