The support forum

Easiest way to re-scan source/destination

ScottD-KMHA :

Apr 11, 2017

Say we make a major change to the files in the source and/or destination (like moving 90% of the files to another directory) and we would like to re-scan to get a fresh start with that set...

What is the easiest way to re-scan the source/destination from scratch?

I'm writing up instructions, for others to follow, and I'm trying to keep it simple.  Is there a right click option, toggle, or folder contents we can delete in order to trigger the need for a re-scan?

The only ways I know of so far are to temporarily change the destination "Backup to" path to a fake one, update, and then set the destination "Backup to" path to the original again.  I suppose we could temporarily set the "Detecting changes" section to "Re-scan destination on every run" and then change it back to "Use destination snapshot" after the first scan...but that seems like it could be problematic.  I thought also about deleting the contents of the delta folder, but not sure if that would have the desired effect either.

Is there an easier way to trigger a re-scan of the backup set?

Alex Pankratov :

Apr 11, 2017

Ctrl-Go

Holding "Ctrl" down when starting a backup forces the app to flush all cached data and requery/rescan everything from scratch.

ScottD-KMHA :

Apr 11, 2017

Excellent.  Thank you.

NARBS :

Apr 11, 2017

For me, the better question is; how to force it *NOT* to rescan the destination?

Froggie :

Apr 12, 2017

Why can't you... "Detecting changes/Use Destination Snapshot?"

Eddict :

Jan 24, 2018

Holding "Ctrl" down when starting a backup forces the app to flush all cached data and requery/rescan everything from scratch.

does this also work for Command/Simulate? it seems not...

Alex Pankratov :

Jan 24, 2018

Not at the moment, correct, but this is a handy option to have so it will be in the next maintenance release (78.19).

Create
Made by Pipemetrics in Switzerland
Support

Follow
Twitter
Blog
Miscellanea Press resources
Testimonials
On robocopy
Company
Imprint

Legal Terms