The support forum

Easiest way to re-scan source/destination

ScottD-KMHA :

Apr 11, 2017

Say we make a major change to the files in the source and/or destination (like moving 90% of the files to another directory) and we would like to re-scan to get a fresh start with that set...

What is the easiest way to re-scan the source/destination from scratch?

I'm writing up instructions, for others to follow, and I'm trying to keep it simple.  Is there a right click option, toggle, or folder contents we can delete in order to trigger the need for a re-scan?

The only ways I know of so far are to temporarily change the destination "Backup to" path to a fake one, update, and then set the destination "Backup to" path to the original again.  I suppose we could temporarily set the "Detecting changes" section to "Re-scan destination on every run" and then change it back to "Use destination snapshot" after the first scan...but that seems like it could be problematic.  I thought also about deleting the contents of the delta folder, but not sure if that would have the desired effect either.

Is there an easier way to trigger a re-scan of the backup set?

Alex Pankratov :

Apr 11, 2017

Ctrl-Go

Holding "Ctrl" down when starting a backup forces the app to flush all cached data and requery/rescan everything from scratch.

ScottD-KMHA :

Apr 11, 2017

Excellent.  Thank you.

NARBS :

Apr 11, 2017

For me, the better question is; how to force it *NOT* to rescan the destination?

Froggie :

Apr 12, 2017

Why can't you... "Detecting changes/Use Destination Snapshot?"

Create
Made by Pipemetrics in Switzerland
Support

Follow
Twitter
Dev blog
Miscellanea Press resources
Testimonials
On robocopy