The support forum

Network Access

Townie :

Aug 06, 2020

Help!!  Using Bvckup 2 release 81.5 and access to home network files stopped working this morning 6th August 2020 and I can't workout how to get it fixed.

Any ideas why this has happened and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Froggie :

Aug 06, 2020

Some details on your HOME network would help... any recent changes/updates/upgrades to your Operating System?

Offer some details, pls...

Froggie :

Aug 06, 2020

Maybe a network description would help...

Townie :

Aug 06, 2020

Quick update, when I  use 'Backup settings' and browse from 'Backup to' and select Network, I get the windows 10 error message 'You can't open this location using this program. Please try a different location.'

I can access the network files on my  WD My Book Live drive using explorer and I have the same Network access problem on another PC also using Bvckup 2 release 81.5

All was fine using release 81.5 until today and its not my network, has something changed in Windows 10 or Bvckup to cause this problem?

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Townie :

Aug 06, 2020

Hi Froggie,

Apologies for not providing more details. Windows 10 OS was last updated on 22nd July KB4565483, which did not affect Bvckup. There are other Windows 10 updates available KB4562900 & KB4497165 but would like to get Bvckup working before downloading these changes.

Alex Pankratov :

Aug 07, 2020

As per usual -

(1) Check your antivirus if you are running a 3rd party one, make sure it's not quarantining the program. Virtually all weird problems that pop up suddenly are caused by antiviruses having a fit after the program updates itself to a new version.

(2) Check the top entry in the FAQ if you are using a mapped drive.

If neither applies, that is Bvckup2 cannot access \\server\share location, then it's some sort of permission or policy issue with the user account that the program is running under.

All in all, the cause is external to Bvckup2 and it's unrelated to 81.5 per se. In a pinch, you can try reinstalling the program (and choosing to NOT remove the config when uninstalling it).

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms
Privacy