The support forum

Automate update how does it work?

ng4ever :

Aug 16, 2019

I am on a limited user account on Windows 10 Pro. 64 bit.

Would it install a updated version of Bvckup 2 without user interaction or is that not possible with a limited user account?

I have Bvckup2 installed for all users not just my limited user account if that helps.

Alex Pankratov :

Aug 17, 2019

In automatic mode updates are checked for, downloaded and deployed by the engine.

If the program is running in a desktop mode under a limited user, but installed in %ProgramFiles%, then - no, obviously the auto-update will fail.

If the program is running in a service mode, then the auto-update will go through even if the UI is running under a limited user.

McBride :

Mar 25, 2021

Sorry, for hijacking this old thread. What if the program is running in service mode, the update settings are correct, but there are no updates installed? At least sometimes when I check I will be seeing new updates and I assume this should not be?

Alex Pankratov :

Mar 25, 2021

Regardless of the mode the updates are checked, downloaded and installed by the engine component. So if you go Menu > Help > "Check for Updates", it initiates the exact same check as the engine itself does when automatic updates are enabled.

If automatic updates enabled and you see an update with a manual check, but it's not being auto-installed, I will need to look at a copy of your %ProgramData%\Bvckup2\bvckup2.log to tell you why (send it over by email). Could be a bug, could be something funky with the setup. In

McBride :

Mar 25, 2021

Lod sent. Thx

McBride :

Mar 25, 2021

Log :D

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates Newsletter
Blog & RSS
Follow Twitter