The support forum

Export Configuration

galileo :

Jun 19, 2019

Is there any way to automate - as in on a scheduled basis - a configuration export?

Including the %LocalAppData%\Bvckup2 folder in a backup run results in errors.  Can "Export configuration..." be called or run from a command line?

I completed a complex series of backups from networked computers to a NAS and them from the NAS to removable drives.  Shortly thereafter, Windows burped on me and required restoring an image.  The image was prior to the series of backups.  Thus, the Bvckup2 folder did not "know" anything about the more recent backups.  It would have been convenient to restore the current Bvckup2 configuration files...

...just a feature thought perhaps...

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 19, 2019

Will this work - https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/139/972 ?

galileo :

Jun 21, 2019

Sure will!

...Alex, did you go to "Starfleet Academy" perhaps...LOL!

Thanks as always.

galileo :

Jun 23, 2019

There are some differences between "Export configuration" and "self-backup".  The "self-backup" does not include these three text files:

bvckup2-email-missed-run.txt
bvckup2-email-no-license.txt
bvckup2-email-post-run.txt

I am guessing that these don't matter and following a re-installation of the configuration files, these three files are recreated by the program?

Very nice to be able to include the self-backup location within a backup job and thus have a rolling up to date backup of the configuration!  This may even deserve a place in the Preferences GUI...

galileo :

Jun 26, 2019

...ping...

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 27, 2019

I made a note to look at all this for R81.

The main reason why program's own config is excluded from all backup jobs is that it would trigger infinite backup loop if used with real-time jobs. I'll revise this to something a bit less crude.

galileo :

Jul 03, 2019

Sounds good...Thanks!

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials