The support forum

Backup to destination without scanning? (Amazon S3)

jonlon12 :

Jun 18, 2019

I have my S3 vault mapped as a drive in windows, and am using Bvckup to backup to it. It works, mostly, but the issue I'm running into the destination file timestamps change every time the file is touched (something to do with S3 I think) and so I'm reuploading everything every backup.

Is there a way to just move files that were created in the last 24 hours, and don't try and scan the destination? I'd be fine to create a new destination folder with the date, so there is no chance of overwriting files with the same name.

Maybe Bvckup isn't the right tool in this case, and a simple robocopy is all I need, but I really love the tool (I use it for all my other backups_

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 19, 2019

I'm running into the destination file timestamps change every time the file is touched

How much do they change? I'm asking because sometimes timestamps are merely rounded up (or down) to something like nearest second, in which case it's something that can be accommodated by the program. In fact it always attempts to do this automatically, but in some edge cases it can't.

Is there a way to just move files that were created in the last 24 hours, and don't try and scan the destination?

You can try changing "Backup Settings" > "Detecting Changes" to "Use snapshot", in which case the program will cache the file index of the remote end, so it will remain happily oblivious to any changes made to any files on that side. Obviously, use with due care.

I'd be fine to create a new destination folder with the date...

See here - https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/1091

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms