The support forum

One Drive File: .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B

tekguru :

Dec 06, 2017

Guys I'm trialling Bvckup 2 at the moment and will likely be buying one I near the end of my trial.

There is one issue I need to resolve which occurs when I use Bvckup 2 to backup my OneDrive folder on the home PC. The backup fails as file .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B is locked. I think that this hidden system file only appears when Onedrive is actually performing a sync.

So I want to omit the backup of any files starting with '.', and I'm therefore looking to see what omit mask I should use. Is it '.*'?

Alex Pankratov :

Dec 06, 2017

Yep, ".*" will do just that.

However, it's strange that this file is not excluded already, because it's been on the default exclusion list since 78.5 - https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/973/5447

tekguru :

Dec 06, 2017

Hi Alex thanks for that. I'll add .* as an exclusion when I get home tonight.

Do you want me to feed back as to whether it is visible in the exclusion list I'm seeing within the application?

tekguru :

Dec 06, 2017

Exclusion now added, it was definitely not there already as an exclusion.

Froggie :

Dec 06, 2017

tekguru, in the latest update, your file is DEFINITELY in the default exclusion list

Alex Pankratov :

Dec 06, 2017

78.5 added this rule to the default exclusion list. This list is used to pre-populate rules for jobs being created, but it has no effect on already existing jobs. Perhaps you had your job created with an older version of the program?

Create
Made by Pipemetrics in Switzerland
Support

Follow
Twitter
Dev blog
Miscellanea Press resources
Testimonials
On robocopy
Company
Imprint

Legal Terms