The support forum

v78.12 update causing continuous scanning of sources

BD :

Nov 27, 2017

Hello,

Just updated to v78.12 and now my many of my configurations are hung Scanning source and never stop scanning. I've tried restarting my PC with no luck in resolving this issue. I then uninstalled Bvckup 2, keeping my config files, and installing v78.12 and I am still getting this issue. I never had this problem before updating to v78.12

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

BD

Alex Pankratov :

Nov 27, 2017

Is there any activity during the scanning phase?
Can the job be cancelled?

My first guess would be an antivirus interference. If you are running anything of this sort, check its logs and see if you can whitelist bvckup2.exe.

pogoe :

Nov 27, 2017

Hello. My Bvckup 2 gets stuck in the second job in the list of jobs. It says it's scanning and I see no disk activity from Bvckup 2 during that. The job cannot be cancelled, it says "Cancelling....". If I exit Bvckup 2 during that, the notification icon disappears but Bvckup 2 task remains in Task manager. I have ESET NOD32 Antivirus and its logs don't indicate any threats blocked. I also tried restarting Bvckup 2 while ESET NOD32 protection was "paused" and Bvckup 2 still got stuck the same way. I also tried whitelisting Bvckup 2 program directory in ESET NOD32 but it didn't help.

I will check the logs of Bvckup 2 itself later today if I have time.

Thank You.

Alex Pankratov :

Nov 27, 2017

OK, looking into it...

Torben :

Nov 27, 2017

Dear Alex,
I have exactly the same problem with the 78.12 version :-(
Two-three of my jobs are "Working..." all the time and no backup is executed.
It's not the same jobs, after rebooting it's another two or three. I'm using the setting "Continuously backup when files or folders are modified".
I have the latest Windows 10 and my antivirus is AVG Internet Security.
Best
Torben Dahl

Alex Pankratov :

Nov 27, 2017

Reproduced  this. Please stand by for an update.

Alex Pankratov :

Nov 27, 2017

I have to take "reproduced" back. In our test it was just very slow because of using a single thread against an HDD with cold cache. Slow but working.

As a temporary workaround, please downgrade to https://bvckup2.com/files/bvckup2-setup-1.78.11.0.exe and keep an eye on the updates here.

Alex Pankratov :

Nov 27, 2017

OK, found it.

green_igloo :

Nov 27, 2017

BuckUp2 v 78.12 froze at around 13.55 today - no backup activity from that time.

Tried downgrading as previous thread and now I can't start BuckUp2

Froggie :

Nov 27, 2017

green_igloo, make sure Bvckup is not running via TaskMgr then go to Bvckups's home page and download the full installer (it's the 78.13 fix for your problem) and install it.  Hopefully that'll get you out of the woods.

Alex Pankratov :

Nov 27, 2017

Froggie, thanks for chipping in. We've sorted this out via email earlier.

BD :

Nov 27, 2017

Hello Alex,

Sorry for late reply. To answer your questions, there is no activity during the scanning phase however the job(s) can be cancelled. The tray icon will not stop animating on these hung scans.

I happened to have version 77 exe and installed it and NO issues with it. The jobs scan normally and backups are working with this older version.

From the above replys, has the issue been fixed? Sorry, just a little confused. Also I not been yet on my computer at home.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you soon,

BD

Alex Pankratov :

Nov 27, 2017

Ah, correct. I forgot to update this thread.

The issue was indeed resolved earlier today with 78.13 release -
https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/973/5630

Create
Made by Pipemetrics in Switzerland
Support

Follow
Twitter
Dev blog
Miscellanea Press resources
Testimonials
On robocopy
Company