The support forum

v78.10 Error: Backup needs to run, but source device is not present

cvo :

Nov 14, 2017

Hi,

I've been trying to get this working for a while and each of my backup jobs works perfectly when I manually run them. However, they encounter errors after they set 24 hours before the jobs run again.

Each job has a pre-command to mount a network folder with credentials as a local drive and post-commands to dismount the network folder.

I've done some searching and see there might have (in the past) been a value in settings.ini to force them to run but I can't see that in my config. I have already turned off device tracking on each of the jobs for source and destination drives.

Any help to get this solved would be much appreciated! As soon as I get this working I'll be converting the trial version into a full license.

Alex Pankratov :

Nov 14, 2017

I've done some searching and see there might have (in the past) been a value in settings.ini to force them to run but I can't see that in my config.

They got renamed to

conf.wait_for_src
        conf.wait_for_dst

respectively. You will want to set the one you need to 0 to suppress device availability checks.

Alternatively, you can consider using explicit network paths and specifying share credentials using [1]. This will however keep an SMB session to the share open between backup runs, so this may or may not work for your case depending on why you dismounting the drive after each run.

[1] https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/413

Alex Pankratov :

Nov 14, 2017

* Updated R72 release notes just now to reflect this change. Thanks for the heads up, completely forgot to do that earlier.

cvo :

Nov 15, 2017

Great! I missed your response yesterday, so I just updated settings.ini for each of my backup jobs and we'll see in 24 hours if it works.
Is there a way in the UI to set this specific setting?

cvo :

Nov 16, 2017

Yeah this change worked great -- thank you very much! I was looking for an alternative after robocopy stopped working reliably.

Create
Made by Pipemetrics in Switzerland
Support

Follow
Twitter
Dev blog
Miscellanea Press resources
Testimonials
On robocopy
Company
Imprint

Legal Terms